Saturday, November 13, 2010

Western Ranch Life in New Mexico










This last year brought me to some wonderful "Old West" locales in Northern New Mexico. These 8 Black & White images (of the hundreds I took) were all shot within a couple miles of each other, over a 3 month span. Some were from a small ranch in San Marcos, south of Santa Fe, others from the humongous back pastures of the San Cristobal Ranch, and the rest from the Eaves Movie Set Ranch also in San Marcos. I was not alone in these travels, and many of my companions made these trips all the more memorable. I remember one day standing with Craig & Connie in the middle of a roping arena, with cattle, branding & roping all around us, while it "poured" rain for a good 20 minutes, drenching the three of us, and couldn't have thought of a more wonderful place to be. Another time looking at the face of Alexsandra (from Poland, and the first time in the US) looking with amazement at the Old Time Western town of Eaves Movie Ranch. I could feel her excitement in being in this strange wonderful place. These images are more than just interesting subject matter to me, they are a recording of moments in a very wonderful part of my life. If I convey any of those emotion to you as you view these images, then I have succeeded in my craft. I hope you all enjoy.............

4 comments:

deonne kahler said...

Beautiful photos! I look forward to seeing more of your work. (You're a long way from Oceanside - ha.)

Steve B. said...

Deonne, Thanks for checking out the site. Yes, along way.....body in Oceanside, Mind in Taos!!!! Love your Travel Blog.

c_h_t_ said...

Beautiful Work. Your work is so compelling. Thanks for the opportunity to see your creativity.
Herb Turton

Steve B. said...

Thanks Herb