Monday, August 22, 2011

Photo of the Week - August 22, 2011

Well, we are finally back in Taos. Our drive from Albuquerque up to Taos was like driving through a 4th of July fireworks show. The lightning was a distance off of both sides of the road, with both of us simultaneously saying for most of the drive....."Wow...did you see that one "!!!!

The storms hung around most of the next day, giving me some great sky's to shoot. This one is from south of Taos near the hiking trail to the gorge rim. I was shooting the sunset to the southwest in hopes of something spectacular happening.... for about 20 minutes....nothing. Then I turned around towards Taos Mountain to see how the dark clouds were looking around the mountain, and there was this old tree. Working my way around the tree with a few different angle shots, I finally just stopped......tried to get out of my Southern California mind and experience the world I was physically standing in. This was the image that I opened my eyes up too. I like it......and will use this image as my spring board for the duration of my month long stay in New Mexico. Hope you like it too.

If you would like to purchase this image or would like to see any of my other "Photo of the Week" images, click HERE.

No comments: