Sunday, February 5, 2012

Photo of the Week - February 6, 2012

Flower Field Workers, Colorado, 2011 (click on image for larger version)

Last September, I spent the most wonderful day of photography with my great friends Geraint Smith, Pam Morgan and my wife Christie. We drove the back roads of southern Colorado between Costilla, New Mexico and Manassa, Colorado from near sun-up to past sunset. We shot everything from rusty farm equipment to a one-lane bridge spanning the Rio Grande River, and ending the day looking at the sunset produced blood red color of the Sangre de Cristos Mountains.
This image in particular reminds me of how good I felt that day. How fantastic it was to be doing something I so thoroughly loved, and how blessed I am to have these wonderful people in my life. In this picture, I see more than two farm hands working the crop under beautiful skies. I see, feel and remember the laughter we had that day. But most of all, I see the focus of what I will be doing for the remainder of my life.......Photography.

If you would like a print of this image, or would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE.

No comments: