Sunday, December 23, 2012

Photo of the Week - December 24, 2012


 
I know this image was previously on my FB page but from the response from people to that posting I decided to move it up to Photo of the Week status on my web site. Everyone in Taos that drive down to Santa Fe go by this drive-in on the way, so there are many here in town that recognize this building. I'm not sure how long it has been there, but I would guess sometime in the 60's. It reminds me of a 50's drive-in you would see in the movie American Graffiti. The food I have tried is excellent, but keep in mind it is a typical fast food fare. I love the homemade burrito. A painter friend of ours, Tim Horn used a painting of the Stop & Eat for the cover of his 2013 calendar. Seeing his work & the insistence of my wife gave me the idea of a late evening-light shot of the drive-in. Both color & black & white images look great. Thank you to Tim & Chris for inspiring this image. Merry Christmas everyone.

If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE.

No comments: