Sunday, January 27, 2013

Photo of the Week - January 28, 2013



We were heading down to Santa Fe for the day from Taos, driving through Pilar along the Rio Grande River. We noticed what we thought we two rather large birds in a tree on the opposite side of the river (60 MPH highway). I quickly turned around at the first pull out, pulled out my long lens & camera and saw these two posing for everyone driving along the highway. I headed back up the highway to find a place to pull-off of the road and get closer to the eagles. Unfortunately there were no pull-offs and the sides of the road were pure slush & mud. So I checked for traffic (luckily none) and got 6 shots of them through the side window of the car. Lucky me, no blur from hand shake.

If you would like to purchase a print of this image or would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE.

No comments: