Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Photo of the Week - February 25, 2013


Coming back from Cimarron I came across some elk & wild turkey just outside of town.....unfortunately nothing worth photographing though. Another truck stopped to check them out a few minutes after we got there....I would guess in part because of the huge lens I was pointing out towards the meadow area (tends to do that to passers by). We talked for a few minutes and they told me to keep an eye out for some elk along a ridge just east of Eagle Nest and pretty close to the road. Seeing that it was going to take us about 15-20 minutes to get there I had little hope that they would still be hanging around. Luckily they were still there and still luckier, during a full moonrise. Most times it is way better to be lucky than good.

If you would like to purchase a print of this image or would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE.

No comments: