Saturday, June 8, 2013

Photo of the Week - June 3, 2013

 

I was a reluctant passenger as a kid in the 60's as my parents drove us all back east to visit family every "very hot" summer along "Americas Highway"....US Route 66. Many of the old curio shops from that era are now dust, but a few still remain off of the interstate. I have admired this one shop in particular from the freeway many times....always wanting to stop but usually time & distance to travel constraints made it off limits. Finally having the time recently, I was able to stop at a time of day that afforded some great light and enough time to really explore the place. This is one of the images that I think captures the feeling of the place.
If you would like to purchase a print of this image or would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE.

 
 

No comments: