Monday, March 17, 2014

Photo of the Week - March 17, 2014



The weather report a couple days back said that there was a chance of some snow around the Abiquiu & Ghost Ranch area. This winter throughout New Mexico has been extremely dry and warm and my other earlier efforts to get some winter snow images around Ghost Ranch had sent me back home empty handed. We took to the road with what I was thinking might be my last chance at some winter images this season. Coming over the hills east of El Rito I was excited to see a dusting of snow covering everything right down to the village itself. This image was one of the many I took in a round El Rito that morning. Not wanting to lose to much time and miss any possible snow at Ghost Ranch we got back on the road and headed south towards Abiquiu.  Needless to say, since this weeks image is not of some snow covered red rocks from Ghost Ranch I again went home empty handed.....with the exceptions of some nice images from El Rito.

If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or would just like to see a better resolution version of the image, click HERE or the title text above. If you would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE to go to the catalog page of my web site.

No comments: