Monday, April 21, 2014

Photo of the Week - April 21, 2014



This is Jimmie. I only met him for a few minutes right after this image upon his exit off of the Rio Grande. He seems like a very nice guy, but my senses tell me he lives for excitement as evidenced below. I had seen Jimmie & his friend earlier floating upstream of this narrow part of the river. I arrived with a lot of time on my hands till their arrival. Lots of sitting & waiting, watching my lone mallard duck friend bobbing for food. Once Jimmie & his friend got here, I had just seconds to get off as many shots as I could. This is one that I think shows the speed of the water, the rocks all around his exit point and the vertical differences the wakes of the water were making. All in all, I think my sitting and watching their excitement is as much excitement as I need.

If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or would just like to see a better resolution version of the image, click HERE or the title text above. If you would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE to go to the catalog page of my web site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We understand that there will be a Saturday, May 3 reception at the Maxwell Museum opening featuring a work of Steven Bundy. Does anyone know what time the reception will be?

Steve B. said...

The opening runs from 1:00 to 3:30 pm.