Thursday, April 3, 2014

Photo of the Week - March 31, 2014



Better late than never I guess. This image was taken last Sunday on a road trip through northeastern New Mexico. We visited Aztec & Chaco ruins, Bisti Badlands and survived a wind/dust storm of biblical proportions on an attempt to see the Shiprock. This image has a special meaning to me. I had been walking around the Aztec ruins for about an hour hand holding most of my shots. I wanted some from inside the corridors too so I went back to the car to get my tripod. Not many people were there that day and as I snapped this image (my first with the tripod setup) a family of Navajo came into the frame with the grandma in the lead. Normally I would have cursed to myself and taken another image, but this one felt special to me and somehow spiritual....so it became my "Photo of the Week".

If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or would just like to see a better resolution version of the image, click HERE or the title text above. If you would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE to go to the catalog page of my web site.

No comments: