Sunday, July 27, 2014

Photo of the Week - July 28, 2014



The last month and a half or so Northern New Mexico has been experiencing its yearly monsoon season. Beautiful mornings and afternoon clouds and rainstorms. I love this time of year. The afternoon brings with it thunderhead clouds, sporadic rains, thunder & lightning, spectacular light and sometimes rainbows, all making for some of the most dramatic skies and sunsets. It really is an artist dream around here. This image was taken at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge rest area looking north towards Questa. The image title came from when I looked that way in the car and said to my wife, Hey, "It's Raining in Questa".......deep huh, I know.

If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or would just like to see a better resolution version of the image, click HERE or the title text above. If you would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE to go to the catalog page of my web site.

No comments: