Monday, September 8, 2014

Photo of the Week - September 8, 2014




I have lived in Taos for a few years now and have seen my fair share of beautiful sunsets but this one from a couple nights back has to rank in the Top 3. At times between images I just stood there in awe of what was unfolding in front of me. To my right were spectacular thunderhead storm clouds over the Sangre de Cristos and a near full moon peeking through and over them. To my left were more storm clouds that were starting to turn a blood red color from the sunset that seemed to be catching the sky on fire and in front of me were two scenes.....Taos Mountain shrouded in orange and yellow storm clouds and heavy rain with sporadic lightning and then this view of the rain slowly approaching through the Rio Grande Gorge under spectacularly colors clouds. No wonder so many artists live in this area....the daily inspirations seem endless!!

If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or would just like to see a better resolution version of the image, click HERE or the title text above. If you would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE to go to the catalog page of my web site.

No comments: