Sunday, December 21, 2014

Photo of the Week - December 22, 2014



This was taken during the sunset over the Rio Grande Gorge on the Winter Solstice (12-21-14) from the gorge overlook south of Taos. I went there expecting some glorious color at the end of the day since there were so many clouds and a horizon opening just below them for the sun to peek through before the sun actually set. What I witnessed was maybe 2-3 minutes of color quickly moving across the plateau with the rest of my time there in boring shadows. Luckily the camera was ready. 

If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or would just like to see a better resolution version of the image, click HERE or the title text above. If you would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week" series, click HERE to go to the catalog page of my web site.

No comments: