Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Photo of the Week - June 20, 2016



There is no way to remember how many times I have driven by this place, but for those of you driving between Taos and Santa Fe,  it is worth the stop. I met Johnnie Meier (owner) and made the comment, "I saw you on TV"....he just laughed and said, "I guess I am famous then". Wonderful guy and very personable. No charge to check out the museum and for a photographer it is worth the stop. Johnnie told me half is for sale the other half is not....I guess it up to the customer to figure out which half is for sale. Nothing is marked. The outside is rusty gold. An old Bob's Big Boy statue was first to greet me. There is also an old metal hamburger stand that he has restored that he told me he found in the Espanola dump. But the inside of the the main building is what really caught my eye. Old gas signs, cans, gas pump globes with tons of fluorescent lights....this place glowed!! A gas memorabilia collectors heaven.

If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or would just like to see a better resolution version of the image, click HERE or the title text above. If you would like to see others in my "Photo of the Week " series, click HERE to go to the catalog page of my web site. 

No comments: